Joining the club is simple and there are no annual dues.
In order to receive our email communications, you need to officially join our email list which is maintained through the Google Group-Notre Dame Club of Japan.
If you would like your email address to be added to the email list, please connect with the Club’s Webmaster via LinkedIn (see below for a link to the LinkedIn profile URL). Please use LinkedIn’s option to include a note to introduce yourself and request that your name and email address be added to the Club email list. If you have not heard from the Webmaster within one week of sending your connection request, please look up the WebMaster’s contact information via your my.nd.edu and send him an email.
Once you have been added to this Google Group (i.e. Notre Dame Club of Japan), you will receive all Club email correspondence relating to upcoming events as long as your email address does not change. (If your email address does change, please notify the Club Webmaster if you are unable to update your email address information in this Google Group by yourself).
Notre Dame students who are participating in a semester or year in Japan are automatically members of the Notre Dame Club of Japan. They are expected to contact the Club and have their email addresses added to the email list before they leave the United States. If Notre Dame students are studying in Tokyo, they are requested (but not required) to join Club events.
Whether you are just visiting Japan, or you plan to live here for a semester, a year, or even longer, if you are a U.S. Citizen the Embassy in Tokyo strongly recommends that “U.S. citizens traveling to or residing in Japan enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). STEP enrollment gives you the latest security updates and makes it easier for the U.S. Embassy or the nearest U.S. Consulate to contact you in an emergency.”
If you have any questions about the Club, the contact information for the current club officers can be found below.
- President: Tiffany Knight ’02
- Vice President – Football Gamewatches: Dan Kerrigan ’86
- Vice President – Communications: Open
- Alumni Schools Chairperson: Tiffany Knight ’02
- Webmaster/Listserv Operator: Sean M. Hackett ’92
- Young Alumni Program Director: Open
- Club Founder/Ambassador/Senior Adviser: Jim Moynihan ’73, (currently operating the club’s D.C.-area branch office).
- Yokohama Ambassador: Ry Beville ’97
- Club Officers & Advisors Ex Officio: Jerry Maloney ’79, Erika Shannon ’12, Kyle Demko ’02, Dan Kerrigan ’86, Chise Mori MBA’95, Bill Moran ’92, Donald J. McCauley ’87
Note: If you do not have a LinkedIn account, you can either create a LinkedIn account (it is free), or you can find the contact information for the Club Officers through the ND Alumni directory.